Wednesday 8 April 2015

WATER MELON DOSA

Summer time is here and so are the watermelons!!!
What do we do after eating the red fleshy part? Out it goes into the garbage bin!!
But wait.... before throwing it away why not make some tasty dosas from the remaining part ?  :)

 
DISCARD ONLY THE SKIN AND USE THE REMAINING PORTION


READY TO BE MIXED WITH RICE

BATTER READY FOR DOSA PREPARATION

GETTING READY!

READY FOR YOUR TASTE BUDS !

INGREDIENTS

1 cup rice soaked for 3-4 hrs
1 1/2 -2 cups  white portion of the water melon
1-2 green chillies
a few sprigs of corriander leaves.
1/2 tsp jeera / cumin seeds
salt to taste
oil for dribbling

METHOD
  • Grind all the ingredients into a smooth paste.
  • Add salt and  jeera and mix well.
  • Heat a flat tawa/girdle and spread the batter into a round shape.
  • Dribble a few drops of oil.
  • Cover with a lid for a few secs.
  • Let it cook on one side. Then flip and roast on the other side.
  • Relish with a chutney of your choice.
  • Isn't it simple? :)
Note: If the dosa is not covered with a lid after spreading on the tawa, the batter dries up .The dosa will have uneven dry patches which feel very dry and hard.
These dosas will be soft and not crisp .

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I began this blog to compile my recipes in one place. I started writing this keeping in mind beginners and busy people and hence have tried to keep the steps and procedure as simple as possible. The recipes that you find here are vegetarian, which I cook on a day to day basis and are quite simple. I dedicate this space to all the people whom I came across,who inspired me to cook, who shared their recipes and tips and helped me improve my culinary skills.