Saturday 26 July 2014

HESARUBELE KOOT


INGREDIENTS
1 cup chopped snake gourd.(remove the seeds and the rind)
1/4 cup moong dal (split green gram)
2 green chillies
1/2 tsp jeera (cumin seeds)
2-3 tbsp grated fresh coconut
1/4 tsp powdered hing( asafoetida)
1/4 tsp haldi (turmeric powder)
salt to taste
FOR TEMPERING
1-2 tsp oil
1/2 tsp mustard
few curry leaves
a pinch of hing

PREPARATION

  • Heat oil and add the mustard,curry leaves and hing.
  • Add the washed moong dal, snake gourd and turmeric powder.
  • Cook till the dal becomes soft. (You can also pressure cook )
  • Add salt and boil for a few secs.
  • Grind the coconut ,jeera ,green chillies and hing and mix it with the dal.
  • Do not boil after adding the coconut mixture. Heat on a low flame.

Serve  with steamed rice or
with  rotis.


  

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I began this blog to compile my recipes in one place. I started writing this keeping in mind beginners and busy people and hence have tried to keep the steps and procedure as simple as possible. The recipes that you find here are vegetarian, which I cook on a day to day basis and are quite simple. I dedicate this space to all the people whom I came across,who inspired me to cook, who shared their recipes and tips and helped me improve my culinary skills.