Tuesday 8 July 2014

CUCUMBER IN TIL GRAVY

INGREDIENTS

1 medium sized cucumber
3 tbsp sesame (til) ground to powder
2 tbsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1/8 tsp turmeric powder

FOR TEMPERING
2 tsp oil
1/4 tsp cumin (jeera)
1/2 tsp mustard
a pinch oh hing (asafoetida)
1/8 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)


PREPARATION


  • Chop the cucumber into cubes.( Do not remove the skin)
  • Heat oil in a pan and temper with jeera, mustard and hing.
  • Add the chopped cucumber and salt and stir fry for a few secs.
  • Add the dry ingredients, mix well and cover a lid and allow to cook on low flame.
  • Keep stirring at intervals to avoid the masala from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
  • (Add a little water if required.)
  • Remove from the stove when the cucumber is cooked and oil starts floating on top.





No comments:

About Me

My photo
I began this blog to compile my recipes in one place. I started writing this keeping in mind beginners and busy people and hence have tried to keep the steps and procedure as simple as possible. The recipes that you find here are vegetarian, which I cook on a day to day basis and are quite simple. I dedicate this space to all the people whom I came across,who inspired me to cook, who shared their recipes and tips and helped me improve my culinary skills.