Monday 14 October 2013

ONION TOMATO RAITA


INGREDIENTS
1 onion
1 tomato
Curd/ Yogurt
Salt to taste
2 tsp coconut ground to a fine paste (optional)

FOR TEMPERING
1/2 tsp coconut oil or refined oil
( coconut oil gives a nice flavour)
Mustard seeds
Udad dal (black gram)
1 red chili broken into 2-3 pieces

Mix finely chopped onion and tomato with the curd and salt and temper.



This raita can be eaten with meals mixed with white rice. 
Try crushing a piece of the red chili and mixing it with the rice to get that extra hot punch!!



No comments:

About Me

My photo
I began this blog to compile my recipes in one place. I started writing this keeping in mind beginners and busy people and hence have tried to keep the steps and procedure as simple as possible. The recipes that you find here are vegetarian, which I cook on a day to day basis and are quite simple. I dedicate this space to all the people whom I came across,who inspired me to cook, who shared their recipes and tips and helped me improve my culinary skills.