Wednesday 16 October 2013

KOSAMBRI / SALADS

Kosambri is a part of the menu in a traditional Karnataka meal. These  salads are very nutritious and very easy to make.
ENJOY THESE  VARIOUS TYPES OF KOSAMBRI!!!

                                      CHANA DAL KOSAMBRI / LENTIL SALAD


Soak the chana dal  (split bengal gram)for 3-4 hrs.   Wash well and remove the water completely.
In a tsp of oil temper with mustard, hing(asafoetida), finely chopped green chili(about 1/2 or 1 green chili is enough),  curry leaves. Add salt and mix well. Then add a few spoons of freshly grated coconut and finely chopped coriander leaves. 

This article about chana dal interested me and hence I am sharing it here.

http://www.mendosa.com/chanadal.html

                                      MOONG DAL KOSAMBRI/GREEN GRAM SALAD

Soak moong dal (split green gram) and follow the same procedure as above.

VARIATION :    To this salad you can add grated cucumber or grated carrot also.


CHANA DAL AND MOONG DAL KOSAMBRI


                                   CARROT KOSAMBRI/ CARROT SALAD


Grate carrot and follow the same procedure as above. Add a pinch of sugar for extra taste.

LIME JUICE IS OPTIONAL. YOU CAN ADD IT AS PER YOUR TASTE TO ALL THE SALADS.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I began this blog to compile my recipes in one place. I started writing this keeping in mind beginners and busy people and hence have tried to keep the steps and procedure as simple as possible. The recipes that you find here are vegetarian, which I cook on a day to day basis and are quite simple. I dedicate this space to all the people whom I came across,who inspired me to cook, who shared their recipes and tips and helped me improve my culinary skills.