Wednesday 16 October 2013

AVALAKKI DOSA /BEATEN RICE DOSA


INGREDIENTS
1 cup poha/ avalakki /beaten rice
1/2 cup fine rava/ semolina
1/2 cup rice flour
1/4 cup curd/ yogurt
1 onion
1/2 tsp chili powder
a pinch of haldi ( turmeric powder)
 a few coriander leaves
1 tsp jeera (cumin)
salt to taste
oil

METHOD
Wash the poha/ beaten rice and soak for 15-20 mins. Grind to a paste along with curd.  Mix all the ingredients and form a batter of dropping consistency. Keep aside for 10-15 mins.


Heat a tawa/girdle and pour a ladle full of the batter and spread into a round shape. Pour a few drops of oil at the sides. Allow it to cook on medium flame.Flip it on the other side, add a few drops of oil and remove when it becomes properly cooked.
Serve with any chutney.



You can  also use leftover poha or tempered beaten rice to make this dosa!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I began this blog to compile my recipes in one place. I started writing this keeping in mind beginners and busy people and hence have tried to keep the steps and procedure as simple as possible. The recipes that you find here are vegetarian, which I cook on a day to day basis and are quite simple. I dedicate this space to all the people whom I came across,who inspired me to cook, who shared their recipes and tips and helped me improve my culinary skills.