Friday 27 September 2013

Tomato Ginger Chutney


This  chutney tastes very good with dosa, chapati and puris.



INGREDIENTS
4 medium sized tomatoes                              
4 medium onions
3-4 cloves garlic
2'' piece ginger
1 tsp cumin (jeera)
4-5 red chilies
2 tsp oil

FOR TEMPERING
5-6 tsp oil
1 tsp mustard seeds
A sprig of curry leaves
2 red chilies (broken )




Heat oil in a pan and add the onions till they become almost transparent. Then add cumin, red chilies, ginger, garlic and saute. Then add the chopped tomatoes and salt .Cover the pan with a lid and simmer for a min or two. The tomatoes begin to leave water and get cooked. Fry for some more time till water starts evaporating. Remove from flame and allow to cool. Now grind it to a coarse paste without adding water.

In another pan heat oil and add the mustard, then red chilies and then curry leaves. When the curry leaves turn crisp add the ground paste and fry for a few mins.

This yummy chutney is now ready to be served.

This can be stored for a day or two at room temp and in the refrigerator for almost a week.
(Do not bring it in contact with a wet spoon. )

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I began this blog to compile my recipes in one place. I started writing this keeping in mind beginners and busy people and hence have tried to keep the steps and procedure as simple as possible. The recipes that you find here are vegetarian, which I cook on a day to day basis and are quite simple. I dedicate this space to all the people whom I came across,who inspired me to cook, who shared their recipes and tips and helped me improve my culinary skills.