Tuesday 24 September 2013

CRISPY KARELA

INGREDIENTS
2 cups bitter gourds cut into thin circles
1 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1 1/2 tsp red chili powder
1/4 tsp haldi (turmeric)
A pinch of hing
4tsp besan (bengal gram flour)
1 ladle full of oil
salt to taste




METHOD
Wash and wipe dry the bitter gourds. Cut them in to thin circles and remove the seeds.
Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan. Add mustard seeds. When they splutter, add the bitter gourds and shallow fry till they become crisp. Add haldi, chilli powder, hing, salt and the gram flour.Fry for a min or two till the besan also gets roasted.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I began this blog to compile my recipes in one place. I started writing this keeping in mind beginners and busy people and hence have tried to keep the steps and procedure as simple as possible. The recipes that you find here are vegetarian, which I cook on a day to day basis and are quite simple. I dedicate this space to all the people whom I came across,who inspired me to cook, who shared their recipes and tips and helped me improve my culinary skills.